Enjoy the Ultimate Tasmanian Sailing Journey aboard the 62-foot luxury yacht Helsal IV used for the prestigious Sydney to Hobart ocean race. This six night unique experience provides the chance to discover the pristine wilderness around Port Davey and Bathurst Harbour, the heart of Tasmania’s World Heritage Area combined with the established luxury of the Islington Hotel as your home base.
Included is private accommodation at the hotel for three nights including breakfast daily and a ‘Bon Voyage’ dinner in the Library, Islington’s formal dining room. All transport to and from the boat. On board all meals feature quality Tasmanian produce and are accompanied with premium wines, beers and spirits. A highly qualified and experienced crew are always on hand and there are daily guided activities both land and water based to help you discover this unspoiled region with some of the cleanest air in the world. Your journey includes the option for scenic flights both ways from Hobart or a fly/sail combination returning via the southern coastline with the opportunity to meet seals, dolphins, albatross, and if you are lucky, killer whales (orca), humpbacks and right whales. Once back in Hobart it’s time to relax at the hotel and regain your land legs whilst telling tales of sea adventures in the Southern Ocean.
The Ultimate Journey includes:
- Accommodation for three nights at Islington Hotel
- Full cooked breakfast each morning
- 4 course tasting dinner with premium Tasmanian wine
- All airfares inside Tasmania
- Accommodation for three nights aboard Helsal IV
- All meals and snacks (all prepared by chef)
- Premium Tasmanian wine served with the three course evening meal
- Premium Tasmanian wine, beer and spirits available upon request (not included in price)
- The use of two sea kayaks
- Fishing from Helsal IV (equipment provided)
- Guided exploration using the inflatable dingy
- Guided walks with experienced guide
- Five highly qualified and experienced crew
Optional extras (booking required and subject to availability):
- Big-game fishing ($3000 per day total).
Scuba Diving ($1500 per day per person) This option is only available for suitably experienced and qualified divers and includes dive masters and equipment.